Question
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/24

Diet advice for IRS

Hi there. I am an obese, 28 year old woman, diagnosed recently with IRS (which is extremely high) and PCOS. I have consulted Sure Slim and a dietician. Sure Slim's diet allows me to eat three meals a day, five hours apart, which will help me to loose weight quickly and they say to reduce the Insulin Resistance greatly. The dietician I saw said I can have three meals a day or 5 small, low GI meals a day, but on the latter, will loose weight very slowly. Please help and advise me which one I should follow!! Many thanks!

Dear Melanie
I would personally use the dietitian's advice because quick fixes are not permanent and you need to change your diet habits so that all your conditions will improve. Rather slow and steady and lasting than quick and impermanent.