Question
Posted by: deepa | 2007/06/22

diet 4 my child

hai i am most worried abt the diet 4 my child.she is 2yrs old.she is a very poor eater.i would like sumone 2 plz suggest a menu with time 2 b given 4 my child.we r vegeterian.plz suggest a time table asap.thanks

Dear Deepa
If you click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and 'Diets for Toddlers' you will find out what and how much your child should be eating every day. Please make sure that you 2-year-old still drinks milk and eat eggs if you are strict vegetarians because small children should not be given a strict vegetarian diet as this could hamper their growth. If you find that you cannot work out a diet for her, then please take her to a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will check what she is eating at present and compile a balanced diet to ensure healthy growth.