Question
Posted by: cable guy | 2004/01/08

diet...

Hi Doc,

My Girlfriend has started dieting now for three days so far,
she has been eating right and gyming for atleast an hour to an hour and a half a session, shes only doing cardio for now as she has a lot of weight to loose , what advise could i give her to loose it A.S.A.P should she try a thermogenic ?

also if she carries on (STEPPING - RUNNING - CLASSES)
will she see results in a month ?

Thanks for your time

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Cable Guy,

As you probably know I am not a fan of fat burners AT ALL! The problem is you usually tend to put on more fat upon cessation of the product than what you lost when using it. Try using CLA and Meal Replacement Powders.

Yes, eating correctly is a VITAL cog in this process and if you want more advice on this then go chat to Jacqui at the Sports Nutrition Forum.

Cardio is good to lose fat but I always put ladies on weight training as well. Muscle has a metabolism and even if you increase your muscle mass slightly you will still lose fat because this increased muscle actually boosts the basal metabolic rate.

Hope this helps,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist