Question
Posted by: Yvonne | 2004/01/07

Diet

I weigh 58kg, age 50, female. What can you recommend to me so that I can lose weight, 5kg in to weeks. I am desperate as I cannot fit into my work cloths, it is agony to sit down.

Please can you suggest a diet and tabs all healthy.

Yvonne

Dear Yvonne
To lose weight you need to decrease your energy intake by eating a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy) and expend more energy by doing regular exercise (join a good gym and start working out ASAP). Ask the gym instructor for a set of targeted exercises (such as sit-ups) which will make your muscles work hard and firm up again. Rather steer clear of those diet pills and potions as they can have negative side-effects and usually cost quite a lot of money - rather spend the money on going to gym or joining Walk for Life.

1
Posted by: Hamz | 2004/01/07

Well you may have heard this before, but there is no quick way of loosing weight. You have to adopt a different lifestyle to what you a currently doing. As what you've done todate has made you the body you have.
I recommend that you first start drinking 2-3 litres of water a day, this will keep you hydrated, avoid water retention and will not allow fat to settle in one place. Drink green tea to boost your metabolic rate, which in turn will burn more calories.
Eat the right foods as a balance, monitor what you eat and make sure you dont over eat your allowance of approx 40-50grams of fat in a day.
Again exercise will help. But remember any short term diet will only make you crave other deprived foods and you'll just lose water. Which will make you think you've lost weight.
Rgds,
H

Reply to Hamz