Question
Posted by: Posh | 2007/05/17

Did i lose my baby

I went to the gynae for a regular check up but he could not find a heart beat. He then told me that i had suffered a miscarriage. I always though that a miscarriage was coupled by pain and bleeding and i have had none of that. What can i do to ascertain that my baby is ok or not cause he as scheduled to clean me soon.

If there is a fetus on scan but no heartbeat, this is called a missed miscarriage - the heart has stopped though the fetus has not come down.

1

Posh, how far along where you?
What you've experienced is called a Missed Miscarriage and its very common, not all Miscarraiges are accompanied by pain and bleeding immidiatley. The foetus my die but you may not bleed for quite some time afterwards.