Question
Posted by: paris | 2004/10/04

did a stoopid thing

I did a stupid thing on friday night. A whole bunch of us went out on friday night, and i ended up doing a couple of lines of Cat with my b/f freinds. My b/f doesn't do it at all (he used to) when i told him that i had done some he seemed disappointed, and said its so hard for him to say no, and usually i give him the strength to say no. I feel so shitty, my conciounce is getting the better of me, and i feel like i have let him down so much.

The funny thing is, i dont even really like the feeling. But i really felt like being naughty. I have apologised to my b/f and i know i wont do it again. For my sake and his... but how do i feel better about myself??

Thanks.

Dear Paris,
Yup. Stoopid. Cat doesn't do good to anyone, and is an especially bad idea if one has any sort of psych problem at all. But you already knew that. So your bf is disappointed --- what a good bf-- congratulations. Explain that you realize it was a daft thing to do, and won;t let him down again. Ask him to help you keep to that decision. Surely there are some much more whoesome ways to get naughty, maybe even together ? And don't keep beating yourself up about it, that only compounds the problem. You've already decided not to do it again, not let go of it and more ahead.

5
Posted by: paris | 2004/10/04

I do feel better thanks. I have you and lady nina to thank for that.

Reply to paris
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/04

Hey Paris,

Sounds like you feel better about it already. Thats great!!!

Take care,'Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: paris | 2004/10/04

Thanks alot guys! i really appreciate the advice.

Shaun, Cat is a drug. It's affects and the way you take it is similar to that of Cocaine.

But i wont do it again. Our relationship is so good, that i dont want to do any thing for him not to trust me.

So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Reply to paris
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/04

hi there
we all did and still do stupid things
i think that pretty normal
you are being very mature by see your actions as "stupid" and you have make a choice not to do it again

you have alot to be proud of , its not about never doing anyhting wrong but making mistakes and learning from them and in this case you have

good for you !

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/04

Hi Paris,

What is Cat?

Anyway, my 2 cents worth... If you need to feel better about it, talk to the bf about it again. Explain your need to be a bit naughty & explain to him that you understand how difficult it is for him to say no that's why you did what you did. Explain to him as well that you definitely won't do it again, & ask him to share wtih you everytime he has a need to do that again.
Don't be too hard on yourself about it if he is prepared to let go of it.
Try & do something together as a type of "closure" of the issue.

Sorry if I wasn't much help... just my opinion's

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun