Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2007/03/30

Diarrhoea

Hi Doc,

I have diarrhoea for a week and I’m worried. I started eating only crackers (more or less 2 weeks ago) because I wanted to save money. About a week later, I ate a squid meal at the new school canteen (squids with sauce + rice) and I ate a pizza (with mushrooms) for dinner and got ill. Then I ate only crackers for a few days to help the diarrhoea disappear. It seems it did, but when I ate some meat cooked without oil and rice I got a lot worse. I ate crackers for a day once again. Yesterday I ate a kind of donnut and got still worse. What is wrong? Has my digestive system got used to the cracker diet? Can it be that it has a bad reaction now every time I eat something else?

Thanks.

Dear Patricia
Please go to a medical dr or a clinic ASAP as you may have an infection that requires medical treatment (e.g. antibiotics, etc). I cannot give you a diagnosis of what is going on, you must have an examination so that the dr can determine what is causing this problem.
Take care