Question
Posted by: straw | 2004/12/14

diarrhoea

my husband has been suffering from bad diarrhoea on and off for a while now, maybe 1 month or more. i keep telling him to go to the doctor, but as there are periods inbetween where he is fine, he doesnt go. he has also lost his appetite and i'm starting to get worried. how serious could this possibly be?

Straw, I can’t tell you what it is, but I can tell you that it isn’t normal. The fact that he has lost his appetite also seems to suggest that it is caused by an underlying disorder and not just a “stomach bug”. The best would be for him to see his doctor because it might be something serious. Good luck.

2
Posted by: straw | 2004/12/15

thank you for your input Linda. i hope his situation is not that serious, but he needs to see a doctor. i'll tell him it could be potentially very serious.

Reply to straw
Posted by: Linda | 2004/12/14

Sounds VERY serious. I knew two people who died of bowel cancer and both of them had the same symptoms, i.e. loss of appetite and diarrhoea (but alternating with constipation). Bowel cancer has a very good prognosis when caught early, but when ignored, it can be fatal.

Reply to Linda