Question
Posted by: Sunflower | 2007/03/14

Diane vs Pregnant

Good day

About 2 weeks ago I had my period and the week after that I stopped using my Diane and obviously my period started again. Then the week after that I still had not started using my Diane again but had sex with my partner and he came inside of me. I worked out the night we had intercourse was about 14 days from the first day i started my period. Isn't that when a women is the most vulnerable then? When will i know if i am pregnant or not because i felt very nauseas today, and started using my pill 3 days ago again. Should i wait until my next period?

Please advise....

It is possible that you could have fallen pregnant. You will have to wait two weeks before doing a pregnancy test.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/15

You are fertile 14 days before your next expected period, so on a 28 day cycle this is day 14 so it depends on your cycle length. But ovulation can occur later or earlier.
You must not start the pill until you start your period, starting it in the middle of your cycle will not stop a progressing pregnancy if you are pregnant. So be safe until your next period! You will know if you're pregnant if you miss your period. You can do a preg test 2 days after a missed period:)

Reply to Maya