Question
Posted by: Patrick | 2006/10/31

Dianabol

I know that dianabol is illegal, but i don't know why? I have seen how big guys have got in my school and really quickly too. Is it worh it? i would certainly like to be that BIG and strong, since i play rugby. Is there a safer alternative?
P.S. I am on protein (USN pure protein and USN X4)

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Patrick

If you anticipate seriously playing rugby, rather refrain from such enhancing substances! Doping testing is going to become more prevalent in the times to come. Face it; it is rather unfair to challenge natural strength with artificially enhanced strength. And after all these substances have very serious side effects which you can do without out and therefore they are banned – they mess with your hormonal and endocrine system!!
Alternative is to follow the right training (gym and speed) and support those efforts with the right kind of foods and in the right quantities.
Speak to your couch and find out if your school is affiliated with the Golden Lions Rugby Union then make an appointment to come and see me for good nutritional advice for your sports career. If not, give me a call.

Good luck!
Vanessa