Question
Posted by: Mbali | 2005/11/24

Diagnosed with LSIL after pap. Please help

After testing HPV+ last year, I had Colposcopy done and a Biopsy which came normal. Again last month I had a pap done and the results came saying that I had Low-Grade Squamouse Intraepithelial Lesion (LSIL) on the mouth of my womb. At the clinic I'm told to come back for another pap next year around this time. My worry now is that I don't know what the hell LSIL is and what are the chances of this turning into cancer?

I'm in my early twenties with no kid - is this gonna have any effect on me falling pregnant? Please help. Is it not gonna be too late if I wait for a whole year while this thing develop in my body? I can't believe that nothing can be done. It was even worse when the clinic sister said she has to wait for these lesion to develop, I mean what if they develop into cancer! How can I wait for a whole year.

This is a mild form of abnormal cells. It does predispose to cancer, but this usually happens very slowly. I would think that 6 months is a reasonable time to repeat the smear. You do not want unnecessary treatment as this could affect future pregnancies.

1
Posted by: piglet | 2005/11/24

I think that maybe you should go and see a proper Gyna as they know what to do as well as being able to give you guidence and to put your mind at ease good luck

Reply to piglet