Question
Posted by: China Eyes | 2005/06/28

Diabetics and sex

My boyfriend has just started taking treatment for diabetics and I don't know whether i am imagining things or what. His sex drive has dropped.

Does diabetic treatment has impact on getting the erection

I don't think any proper treatment for diabetes ought to afect his sexual drive / libido, but untreated diabetes, and even to a lesser extent treated diabetes can affect him especially with regards to the erection. I understand that Viagra may be able to help in such cases, but it's awfully expensive, and he would have to check with his doctor as to whether it would be safe in his case. If he has just started treatment, there is also a fair possibility that this will improve as he responds further to the treatment.

2
Posted by: China eyes | 2005/06/28

He's 37 yrs.

Reply to China eyes
Posted by: DJ | 2005/06/28

Diabetics is one of the causes of erectile disfunction but let him go and see his doc. He can prescribe either Viagra or something like that. No need to panic!!!!!! How old is he?

Reply to DJ