Question
Posted by: XXXXX | 2005/06/23

Diabetics and sex

My boyfriend has just discovered that he's diabetics. Will it affect our sex life? I've heard people saying that if hes on medication he's sex drive will drop and he will never get erection again.How true is this?

Dear XXX
As I am the Diet Expert, I think you should ask CyberDoc this question too. From a dietary point of view your boyfriend needs to have a special diet worked out for him by a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. If his blood sugar levels are well controlled and if he does regular exercise then his condition should not interfere with his sexual performance.