Posted by: LIS | 2008/08/12

RE: diabetic type 1 lose weight 9kg stop inj

thanks for the reply diet doc. the problem is i'  ve been to a diabetic dietician (R500 for 2 hours!) she put me on a diet, which i can'  t follow! and i do exercise, too much actually - 1 hour of heavy cardio 5 days a week!! the problem is i'  m depressed and can'  t stop putting food in my mouth, i can'  t follow any kind of diet if it means eating less. i'  m a very angry diabetic and have not accepted my illness, and i can'  t accept it!!! lis

Dear Lis
OK now I get the picture. You actually don't need a dietitian because you already have all the info you need to control your diabetes with diet, exercise and insulin, BUT what you do need is to see a clinical psychologist to help you work out all this anger and your desire to hurt yourself by stopping the insulin. Please ask your dr to refer you to a clinical psychologist so that you can get the correct treatment before you harm yourself because of your anger.
Get help ASAP

Posted by: LIS | 2008/08/13

thanks anonym. i have already been through therapy and i was ok for a while but it just keeps coming back. i know its my own fault that this is happening to me, and i cant seem to change the negative person that i have become. this pessimism is swallowing me up inside!!!

Reply to LIS
Posted by: Anonym | 2008/08/12

It would be in your own interest if you could accept it and take controle of your illness seeing that a lack of control could effect your body negetively. Where there is a will there is a way and if you can' t follow any diet then you would have to exercise more or accept your weight. Maybe you should see a psychologist if you can' t accept something you can' t change but at least you could control the outcome and still live a forfulling life.

Reply to Anonym