Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2005/07/14

Diabetic type 2

Since I was diagnosed as a diabetic type 2 person, my hands and feet's skin became extremely dry. I am not sure if it is "ekseem" but it seems if there is nothing on the market that can help. I have already tried a lot of creams and spend a lot of money, and I am realy ashamed of my hands and feet. Is there any help?

Expert ImageArchive

First things first, Make sure your diabetes is under control, by this I mean check your sugar levels daily, take your medication, eat correctly and lose weight if you are overweight, exercise, and stop smoking if you are a smoker.
Now that is out the way, it may well be eczema, but there are a lot of other conditions, the fact it is your HANDS AND FEET, makes me think of a condition called keratoderma plantaris et palmaris (thick skin on the soles and palms), it could be a decrease in circulation that is causing it.
Please go to a podiatrist South African Podiatry assn 0861 100 249, ask the secretary who takes your call for a podiatrist who has an interest in diabetes

1
Posted by: Johan | 2005/07/22

"Pins & Needles" Ek kry gedurende sekere tye van die dag die gevoel in my voete. Ek is 'n Diabeet 2.

Reply to Johan