Posted by: jolene | 2008/07/18

diabetic rash?

my dad is 52 and a diabetic for about ten years.he is only on glucophage 850mg bd and his sugar is stable!!!he gets this rash on his lower back that looks a lot like a ringworm!its round light brown
with red edges.we apply cortisone cream it will go away but come back. !!!is this diabetic related or what?????

Thank you for visiting

It is possible that he has a form of eczema but I suggest that he consults a GP to have the area examined. It does not sound related to his diabetes, unless the rash is caused by skin infection, i.e. Candida. I also recommend that a blood test is done, to determine the effectiveness of his medication, as well as the controle of his diabetes.

Kind regards