Question
Posted by: willie | 2003/01/30

Diabetic, Interaction of Blood thinning agent with bloodsugar level

I have discovered recently that I am diabetic. My doctor prescribed Glucophage which works fine and keeps my suger between 6 and 8. But when I take Plato for blood clot prevention I cannot get level below 8 and feel horrible. Is this normal? Can I rather use 1/2 disprin instead? Is this a general problem? I am 80 km from my nearest doctor and is a pensioner who try to keep visits to minimum. Thankyou I would like to receive news letter.

Willie, what level are we talking about here? The sugar or one of the parameters of the clotting profile. Please let me know (as a new question please otherwise I won’t get it.) and also the units it was measured in. Good luck