Question
Posted by: Blaze | 2006/10/30

Diabetic Husky

My Husky has just been diagnosed with diabetes, and she is still at the vet today while they stabalise her sugar levels. Please can you tell me what to expect. She has been diagnosed pretty early and we are still waiting to hear if she needs injections are just a controlled diet.
Also I know our vet will prescribe a diet for her, but can you give me some indication of what this involves, as well as what the costs of insulin are (ball park figure obviously).
Please can you supply any information on diabetes in animals that you have,

thanks you

Did youy read my reply to your more recent posting? Was it helpful?

1
Posted by: jenny | 2006/10/30

Thank goodness i do not have a baby with diabetes, but a husband and it is not that bad. It sound terrible. I was at the vet last week and a lady come in and bought her insulin for her cat. I asked her how she was doing and this and that and her answer to was also its not that bad. she has a injection and she sit for it and it looks as if they watch her diet etc and she was so okay about it.
Let the vet tell you all and I mean all. dont let him short cut you. write a few things that are worring you and ask him. Make sure you leave there feeling comfortable. I am sure it is a shock at the moment but this ladys cat was like 15yrs old so there is nothing impossible with todays medication. Do keep us posted and keep you chin up.

Reply to jenny