Question
Posted by: Tc | 2006/07/12

diabetic foot

my father big toe has a purple blister on it and the toe nail is loose is this another sign of amputation?

Expert ImageArchive

Not necessarily, BUT it is a huge warning sign and not one to be ignored. he must immediately go to a doctor and be checked out asap. And whenever this type of thing happens it needs to be seen quickly by a docteor or podiatrist it even warrants a trip to an emergency room in the early hours of the morning as hours are critical. To Tc (who posted this ) and anyone who reads this PLEASE do not ask me these questions, I answer usually once a week, this kind of presentation may be trivial BUT it may be the early manifestation of something SERIOUS.

If this happens GO IMMEDIATELY to the Dr or emergency room