Question
Posted by: Loza | 2008/06/13

Diabetic and pregnancy

I'm 28yrs old and diabetic since March this yr.what are my chances of getting pregnant? Is it safe coz i want a baby.

The most important determinant of pregnancy outcome in a diabetic patient would be sugar control at conception. It would be important that you see a gynae who knows how to manage diabetes in pregnancy or is able to refer you to a physician who can give you adequate advice and management throughout your pregnancy. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to fall pregnant as long as you take advice from specialists.