Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2003/02/06

Diabetic

I have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. My blood sugar levels in the day are good (between 3-6). When I test my blood suger in the morning before breakfast it is always approx 7.5. I take Glycomin in the morning after my breakfast. Am I perhaps taking my medication at the wrong time or should my medication be changed or increased? I also have to eat again by 11am or else I get light headed.

Tracy, taking your medication at night is dangerous because you won’t realise when your sugar goes too low. You have to realise that in the short run, having a too low blood sugar is much more dangerous than having a high blood sugar.
PS Have you tried to control your blood sugar by diet alone? It sounds like it might be possible from the information you gave. Good luck.