Question
Posted by: Hawston | 2004/10/19

Diabetes Wound<br>

My mother-in-law has been diagnose with diabetes. She's got a wound on her leg for the past 3 months that's not healing. On holiday in Pretoria we visited a GP which prescribed bacprobin (hope spelling is correct). Back home she visited her GP who suggested that she should use Betadine after the previous GP told her that diabetics should not be using Betadine. Please, we need your expertise on this one. Could we or should we not be using Betadine and can we use Germolene or will it be of no use.

Hawston, Bactroban® is probably the better product, but Betadine® isn’t contraindicated for use in diabetics as long as she uses it 3 times a day. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Sugarfree | 2004/10/20

My daughter is diabetic and I use Kure All cream for all her sores that won't heal. It is a Watkins Valuer product. You can only get it from an agent. Call 021 532 2640/1/7.

Reply to Sugarfree