Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/10/11

Diabetes symptoms

Hey doc. I am worried that I might have diabetes. My symptoms includes excessive drinking (up to 9 500ml bottles of water per day), excessive urinating, up to 4 times an hour even if I didn't have anything to drink during that time. Also, I eat way more than usual but lost 4kgs in less than a week. What worries me is the fact that I am not overweight and is health-concerned. I don't drink fizzy drinks and am not the total chocolate-sweet fanatic. I excercise regularly and swim atleast 4 times a week. My BMI is around 20-21. There is no history of diabetes in our family except for my grandfather who suffers from it but only since November last year. I sleep a lot in order to stop me from drinking and eating so much, but never seem to be overslept. Two months ago I had a bacteria in my gallbladder which was stress-related (if that might help) Is there anything else it might be or am I just paranoid? I don't want to go to the doctor unnecessarily.

Worried, you symptoms fit in with something like diabetes, but they also fit in with other disorders like an over active thyroid. The best would be to see your doctor and have blood taken. Good luck.