Question
Posted by: P Wilson | 2010/01/14

Diabetes and Sperm

My husband &  I have a daughter 2yrs old and we' ve been trying to fall pregnant since Aug 2009. I haven' t had a period since I' ve stopped taking the pill. In Dec 2009 my husband was diagnosed with Diabetes and is currently on insulin. His 34yrs and I' m 32yrs. Is it my husband (diabetes) or me (no periods) who should be seeing a dr? What can I expect? Or should we give it some more time?

Dear P Wilson

It is possible that the diabetes can affect sperm count and quality. However it is more important before checking the sperm that you need to get your menstruation going. Because if you do not see your menstruation the likelihood is that you are not ovulating. I think first you need to see your gynaecologist as to ascertain why your menstruation has stopped and once that has been sorted out you should try on your own to conceive and then if you don’t conceive further investigations can be performed.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/18

Dear P Wilson

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: s | 2010/01/14

hI. mY HUBBY ALSO HAS DIABETES (DISCOVERED IT ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO), AND HIS SPERM IS FINE.

Reply to s