Question
Posted by: MaryLou | 2010/08/10

Diabetes

I was diagnosed 5 months ago through a glucose tolerance test with Type 2 Diabetes. I have since lost weight and started exercising and have been very careful with following a high GI diet. I have had several sugar tests and my sugar levels are consistently around 4 - 5. With such low sugar levels, I don''t believe that I have diabetes. What do you think?

Hallo Mary Lou
It sounds normal to me - do a fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin test to see if these are normal. You may have had insulin resistance that now recovered due to the exercise and low GI diet.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/11

Hallo Mary Lou