Question
Posted by: paul | 2007/02/28

diabetes

hi there. please can you tell me if there is any clinic in SA like the ones for drugs/alchole. if so please forward it to me. my mom has got diabetes and no one can help her. she is over wait but cant lose it because she has sleep apnia and her heart is enlarged so she cant do a lot of exercise. she also has high bloo pressure which does not help.her system is down constintly and she gets sick often. every doctor we go to says they will sort it out but they seem to lose intrest and nothing changes. her diet is for diabetics but has not help.please can you help. it is realy affecting her life and she is getting very depressed becuase of her situation. please help paul

Dear Paul
Yes, she needs to go to a diabetic clinic at one of the bigger academic hospitals. If you live in a rural area, your local provincial hospital can organize this for her. She may be in heartfailure already and it may be irreversable, but ask the specialist to explain to you exactly how bad her condition is and what the options are for the future. She may need to be on insulin injections if she is not already. If you let me know where you live I could maybe give you some contact details - answer in post a question box

3
Posted by: CD again | 2007/03/04

If you don't have medical aid try diabetic clinic at Joh Gen hospital.

Reply to CD again
Posted by: Dell | 2007/03/01

Hi Paul

There is Center For Diabetics in Houghton Johannesburg. Have a look in the Directory book.

Reply to Dell
Posted by: paul | 2007/03/01

i live in kempton but i will go any where to sort it out. she is on insulin and tabs. i would really appriciate it
thank you

Reply to paul