Question
Posted by: gwillie | 2005/12/11

Diabetes

I have type 2 diabetes and am wondering what causes the thirst.
Is Sweetex considered as a approved sweetner for diabetes.

Sorry, gwillie, but this should be a question to my Health24 neighbour, Cyberdoc, as I wouldnt want to rely on my memory of ehars ago, when dealign with diabetes.

1
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/11

Hi there - I am Type 2. The thirst is brought on when your blood sugar is too high. Its your bodies way of trying to balance it out. Sweetex is fine for sweetening you tea etc. I would advise you to please consult with a registered Dietitian to get the correct advice about diet. You should also preferbly go along to your nearest Centre for Diebetes and Endocrinology and be managed by a team of people who specialise in this condition. It needs a multi disciplinary team approach for the best results. Thats what I did and I have never been better! Good luck.

Reply to Tango