Question
Posted by: Rosa | 2007/02/10

Diabetes 2 - Glucophase 850mg

Please tell me, I saw on the forum that this lady was told is she used Glucophase 850mg, she would gain weight as it is a side effect. Is that true? I used to be on Glucophase 850mg. I am very overweight as it is and even though I am walking a lot, I can't seem to loose my weight. My doctor have now changed my tablets to Arrow Metformin HCI 850mg. Is this tablets as good or will it also make me pick up weight.? He changed my tablets before I knew about the side effects.

Expert ImagePharmacist

You should not gain weight with this. In fact, some ladies, especially those with Syndrome X related weight problems loose weight while on metformin. Metformin 850 and Glucophage 850 are generic equivalents