Question
Posted by: Mike | 2005/11/28

DHEA

I'm a 25 year old male and have started taking dhea one pill a day is it safe. I'm just taking it ti incease strength and size.

Hi Mike

I never condone the use of supplements, particularly ones like DHEA, because all the hormone supplements, whether prohormone or the real thing are interfering with the body's natural hormonal processes, and there is no way that they can have NO effect at all. True, they may have reduced side effects compared to steroids from 15 to 20 years ago, but who can guarantee none? The truth about suppllements is that the companies that produce them are under no obligation to test them, so the only thing that matters is the profit margin and not the safety of the product. So are there risks? Probably. Do we know for sure what they are? No, because no one does, and unfortunately, claims in advertising are made that can't be backed up. It is for this reason that I really think that people are better off eating well, training hard, and if they still believe that a supplement is a must, then a protein shake is probably the safest one to go with.