Question
Posted by: steve | 2003/12/03

dfficulty loosing despite exercising and dieting

Dear Dietdoc, from the age of 5 ( now 43) my parents had me on all sorts of diets as well as exercise programmes.I've been pretty active most of my life, going to the gym on a regular basis over the years but despite all this exercising I have done in the past, have never been able to loose the extra kg's around my stomach area.I have recently tried to follow the body for life programme, but once again, very little change.
Someone I know told me that I may have a blood glucose problem which could be causing this problem i'm experiencing.
Do you thnk this blood glucose problem could be my problem?
When I go on proteln diets , I loose lots of weight, but have very little energy.Eventually all the weight I have lost goes back on.
When I mix carbs with protein as in the body for life programme , I see very little change. I just don't know what to do anymore.Do you have the answers????

Dear Steve
Are you actually overweight at the moment, or are you just trying to lose weight in the abdominal area? If you are overweight, then do try eating a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy), which will help you lose weight all round, esp if combined with exercise. If you are only trying to lose weight in the abdominal area then you can try a number of things: a) have a medical checkup to see if you have insulin resistance b) start doing targeted exercise (join a good gym and ask the instructor to work out a programme that targets the tum) c) contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes, d) as a last resort you could ask your dr to refer you for liposuction.