Question
Posted by: Anya | 2004/10/25

dexamethasone vs diet

I started with my diet last week and also with dexamethasone (before dexamethasone I used Cortogen). I can't control my eating while on dexamethasone. What can I do about the urges to eat Will it help if I take the medication in the evening?

Dear Anya
Unfortunately increased appetite is one of the side-effects of this medication. Because you obviously need the cortisone treatment, you must discuss this effect with the prescribing dr as he/she may be able to alter the medication and dosage to reduce this effect. I don't think taking the medication at night will improve the urge to eat. So talk to your dr first.