Question
Posted by: Anya | 2004/10/25

Dexamethasone

A week ago I started with Dexamethasone after I used Cortogen, and I can't stop eating. What can I do? I gained weight at a alarming rate!

Expert ImagePharmacist

A,

With dexamethasone, the most annoying side effect for patients generally is the puffiness in the face and neck that can occur. Increased appetite and weight gain are very real problems, especially for females. Weight gain will occur if you are not careful in controlling your calorie intake.
Should you find that this becomes unbearable, best would be to discuss your problem with your prescibing doctor. Your dosage may be altered.