Posted by: Anon | 2011/11/23

Deviated Septum - ENT / Plastic surgeon

I have a very bad deviated septum. It affects my breathing most of the time and especially when I exercise. It also seems to be affecting the shape of my nose as I am always only blowing out the side (I''m only able to) so it looks like the side is puffier than the other and also there''s a slight bump on the bridge of my nose.
Me not being able to breath properly is slowly making me more and more chlosterophobic and I feel very sluggish (not sure if it''s related)

I desperately want to have this seen to but I''m not sure whether to approach a plastic surgeon or ENT.
Please advise what''s best for this case

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Anon

Plastic surgeons work on the cosmetic part of nasal reconstruction, not the functional part. ENT surgeons deal with the functional part, that refers to deviated septum, etc. It is difficult to advise you, as you may require both specialists. An ENT opinion will be useful in your case to decide what you need. if may only be functional work. You can also consult an ENT with a special interest in facial plastics. They may be able to look at both aspects of your complaint. If you are worried about the look of your nose, a plastic surgeon may be the answer.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.