Question
Posted by: 3yrd old who was born premaure | 2007/06/12

development of premature

i have 3 yrd old foster child- was premature and weighed 1.5 kg at birth- do not know much else of history of his health etc but do know he was not properly nurtured and fed.

he is quite small for his age.

my question is do premature babies take longer to grow as per full term babies and when will normal growth take place

he has however gained 2kgs since he is with us (1 month) and he now weighs 11.7 kgs and height 85cm

i give him nido 3 mlik and give lots of veggies etc

thank you for a great forum

Expert ImageArchive

Dear
Former premmies can indeed take a few years to catch uup in growth, especially when this small. Some of them remain tiny.
Sounds like he is eating healthy. As long as he stays healthy, small is OK.
Warm regards
Welma

3
Posted by: WHERE IS THE EXPERT? | 2007/06/22

Disappointing no response still waiting no.32

Reply to WHERE IS THE EXPERT?
Posted by: to lee | 2007/06/14

thank u so much for your input much appreciated

good to hear your story

Reply to to lee
Posted by: Lee | 2007/06/14

My LO is turning 3 in Oct she was prem weighed 1,8 KG at birth taller than some kids her age chubby and has a healthy appetite. Was also worried that she will be allot slower at growth or learning but this has not been a problem for us. Just thought I should share.

Reply to Lee