Question
Posted by: mk | 2008/01/31

detox diets

please can you give a good 5 day detox diet and something to help with acne

Dear MK
Firstly acne is not influenced by food, but by hormonal changes in the body. Please consult a Dermatologist who will give you the correct treatment for your acne. It is really not necessary to use harsh detox methods which can do more harm than good. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote last year. I would NOT take laxatives and/or diuretics or use practices like colon irrigation as they can disturb the normal function of the bowel, cause dehydration and nutrient imbalances. Rather use a good probiotic and a diet rich in dietary fibre to ensure regularity, then you won't need to detox. If you have colon problems click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy.