Question
Posted by: Eleanore | 2003/02/25

Detox Diet

I have turned over a new leaf about 4 months ago, trying to eat healthy and actually GOING to gym. This month's topic is detox, and I would like to go on a 10 - 14 day detox diet. Can you please send me an list of the foods I can eat, or maybe an eating plan?

Dear Eleanore
Detox diets should NEVER be used for more than 1-2 days and only over weekends when you can rest and relax. If you click on 'Diet', 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' you can obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet - if you eat this diet which is rich in protective nutrients and high in dietary fibre, you will detox your body by improving regularity and not deplete your health.
Keep up the good work with the gym.

1
Posted by: cath | 2003/03/03

I think 10 - 14 days is a bit long for a detox diet. Why don't you try to do a 5 - 7 day detox first and see how you go. The first few days are quite difficult as you will probably suffer from headaches and tiredness. But if you can manage to get through this without taking loads of asprin then you will enjoy the effects of the detox. You need to avoid caffiene, red meat, chocolate, fizzy drinks and basically anything that isn't natural. You should eat raw fruit and veggies and drink a lot of water, about eight glasses a day. You can also drink fruit juice.

I have heard that the Glomail BioSlim Detox programme is really good, even if you don't want to do the BioSlim diet. Why don't you pop into one of their shops and check it out?

Reply to cath