Question
Posted by: snoopy | 2007/07/23

detox - before diet

Hi Doc,

Please advise if it is true. I have heard somewhere that you should detox for 2-3 days before starting a slimming diet. This will apparantly help you lose weight faster if your body is not so full of toxins etc.

Dear Snoopy
I am personally not in favour of using harsh detox methods at any time and it is not necessary to start your slimming programme with a detox. If you want to detox you can try the detox diet on this Website - click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and surf to find the 'Basic Cleansing Diet' - use it for 2-3 days to give you a boost and then switch over to the balanced slimming diet that is under ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' . Remember to only detox for 2-3 days preferably when you can rest and relax, as you may feel dizzy and tired. Otherwise just start your slimming diet and exercise programme without detoxing.