Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2007/12/05

detox and diet

could you pls advise or give me a link to a website to help me.
I want to detox - how do i go about this and also need a healthy daily eating plan to lose weight.

Dear Kelly
If you are the same Reader who asked me a question about detox diets on the 30th November, here is my answer: It is really not necessary to use harsh detox methods which can do more harm than good. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote earlier this year. I would NOT take laxatives and/or diuretics or use practices like colon irrigation as they can disturb the normal function of the bowel, cause dehydration and nutrient imbalances. Rather use a good probiotic and a diet rich in dietary fibre to ensure regularity, then you won't need to detox. If you have colon problems click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy.