Question
Posted by: V | 2008/05/22

Detox...

I am planning to go on the G.I. Lean 3 day detox and would like to know if it's safe for me to do it just before my period?

Dear V
I am personally not in favour of harsh detox treatments. Most of the detox programmes and products are a myth. It is really not necessary to use harsh detox methods which can do more harm than good. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote last year. I would NOT take laxatives and/or diuretics or use practices like colon irrigation as they can disturb the normal function of the bowel, cause dehydration and nutrient imbalances, esp before your period. Rather use a good probiotic and a diet rich in dietary fibre to ensure regularity, then you won't need to detox. If you have colon problems click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy.
Take care