Question
Posted by: Pauly | 2005/11/23

Determining if it will be a boy or girl?

Is there any way that me and my wife can determine what the sex of our first baby will be? I am not referring to myths. Is there any medical procedure to plan this before trying for a baby?
Please reply via email

Gogga is right. The difficulty is in determining exactly when ovulation occurs.

3
Posted by: Gogga | 2005/11/23

I read that male sperm swims faster, but dies quicker, and female sperm swims slower but has a longer life. Thus if you have sex a few days before ovulation, chances are bigger for die slower girls to reach the egg (while most of the boys has passed off). If you have sex when ovulating, chances are bigger for the faster boys to reach the egg first.

Good luck trying!

Ps don't believe in that chinese stuff. Also heard about the sperm sorting on dr Phill the other day. Give it a try if it is so important to you.

Reply to Gogga
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/11/23

Well firstly on the chinese calender, it was wrong with two out of my three children as well as incorrect for two of my friends. Sorry, but that was our experience.

Further more, there are some doctors that does a procedure where they do sperm selection. Not all gynaes are prepared to do this but a gynae at the Wilgers Hospital in Pta called, Dr Constantinides does it.
They sort the sperm into girls and boys and via invitro, place the desired sexed sperms back.
This is not 100% fool proof but has a high success rate.

Furthermore it is more favourable for a boy if you do the deed on ovulation day and thereafter for girls.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Sweet Pea | 2005/11/23

Hi Pauly

This is a myth, but how about trying the chinese horoscope - it's worked for ALL my friends (about 10 couples) and I am 5 weeks pregnant and it says I'm gonna have a boy!!! will let you know in three months whether it's correct or not!!!
Ciao,
Sweet Pea

Reply to Sweet Pea