Question
Posted by: Hashimoto Syndrome | 2003/03/23

Detail and Info.

Hi, please explain what this is and where I could get detailed information - from a web site.

HS, I suppose you’re referring to Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is inflammation of the thyroid due to an autoimmune reaction. It is 8 times more common in females than males and it’s usually treated with thyroid hormone (Eltroxin®) for life. It’s probably the most common cause of an under active thyroid and nothing more dangerous than any other form of an under active thyroid. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.