Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2004/10/13

Detaching Placenta

My sister is 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant and at 10 weeks was booked off with strict bedrest due to bleeding. She went for a check up yesterday and found out that her placenta is detaching and the Dr is not sure if it will reattach itself. What are the chances of the placenta reataching and the baby surviving at this stage? She has been booked off for the next two weeks or so on strict bedrest again.

Bleeding behind the placenta is always a worrying sign. It is difficult to give figures but she can only wait and see.

1
Posted by: TASH2 | 2004/10/14

So sorry to hear that. I means she has placenta praevia - to my knowledge. She HAS to stay in bed in order for it not to detach . Hope Gynae Doc gives some worthwhile advice on this one...

Reply to TASH2