Question
Posted by: Dominique | 2005/07/28

Destructive

Has anyone experienced destructive behaviour while suffering with depression?

Obviously self-damaging behaviour, which can occur in people with a variety of personality problems, can also arise during a real Depression. Don't do it, as it couldn't possibly actually improve your situation, and could, in so many different ways, make it far worse

3
Posted by: Dom | 2005/07/28

I needed some money & actually thought of taking it out of Petty Cash which I'm responsible for but I was soo scared has anyone been caught for theft ever & what was the consequences?

Reply to Dom
Posted by: Me | 2005/07/28

Hello Dominique

Yes, I have. When you are depressed you feel so little for things around you and above all, feel and think so little for and about yourself. Its almost as if you want to punish "someone" and that someone turns out to be yourself as you are so deeply angry with the world, deeply hurt by people, or for whatever reason. Or at least, in my case it was true. But its never a good thing to do as only YOU suffer and only YOU can break the vicious cycle. I have done some serious damage to my health as a result of my selfdestructive behaviour and for that I am sorry as not only have I to deal with the depression or emotional damage but on top of it all, have to deal with the physical consequences as well.
Thinking of you and try and swim, never sink.
xx

Reply to Me
Posted by: ... | 2005/07/28

Depression in itself is destructive!!!

Reply to ...