Question
Posted by: tracey | 2008/07/07

destended abdomin

hi, i have been diagnosied with Myasthenia Gravis and Rhumatroid Arthritis and am on methotrexate, mesitnon, celebrex etc etc etc.

Last night i woke with severe stomache pains and a very swollen stomache. I went down to my Gp who did a urine test which showed a possible Kidney/Liver infection. My stomache is very distended i look like i am in the last stages of pregnancy and i am increidable pain, i have the chills and slight vomiting. Can this be linked to taking to many strong medicines? Can this be serious? I am waiting for the blood works to return which could take a day or so. I normally once a month have a Liver function test and full blood count, these should be back tomorrow.

please let me know as i am very concerned!

Many thanks

Hi Tracey
No this sounds serious to me - you may have a bowel obstruction - please go back to your GP today or an emergency room if you can't see him as you need x/rays of the abdomen - TODAY still!!
Let me know of the outcome?