Question
Posted by: mel | 2007/06/07

desperatly needing to lose weight please

I had a gallbladder op but i still have so much pain on the same place and half the time my stomach is dead i have now tried so many ways to lose weight but i just cant i really need someone to help me i am so desperate as i now this is causing me to be so ill
but how do i do it please please please i need help desperatly i feel helpless and useless please help.

Dear Mel
I am sorry to hear that you are still feeling so ill after your gallbladder operation and that you still suffer from pain. Because you can not do any exercise until the surgeon gives permission (not that you do any harm to your operation scar), I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will take a diet and medical history and work out a special diet prescription for you so that you start losing weight. Also keep in mind that you may be feeling very depressed after the op and that it may be a good idea to get some assistance from a clinical psychologist (ask your dr to refer you) so that your emotional balance can be restored.
I hope you will soon be feeling much better and that you now start losing weight.