Posted by: VP | 2008/01/29

Desperately want to pregnant

Hi, I am 31 years old I have been trying to fall pregnant for 1.5 years. I went for a Laparascopy in August last year and had a Fibriod removed. At the time my gynae said that everything was fine and I should give myself about 6 months. Well the 6 months are here and I am still not pregnant. Do you think I could ask my gynae to perform IUI on me. Any advice.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear VP

The decision to perform IUI should be carefully considered in the light of sperm analysis parameters and should the spermiogram be normal then it would be advisable to carefully exclude any additional factor on your side, which may be contributing to the fertility problem. However, if sperm parameters are only moderately deranged then it would be reasonable to attempt at least three carefully controlled IUI cycles failing which, the possibility of IVF should be entertained.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: leo | 2008/09/05

wat is fibroid and wat coz it?

Reply to leo
Posted by: Dooi | 2008/01/29

I also went for a Lap in January last year, after that the doctors found out that I don't ovulate. Maybe you must go back to your gynae and asked he must check if your ovulating. I am stuggeling since middle 2005 and are not pregnant yet. I'd say go AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Maybe you must check your hubby (just in case)Good luck!

Reply to Dooi

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.