Question
Posted by: Mo | 2004/10/06

Desperately want to fall pregnant

My boyfriend and i have been trying to fall pregnant for the past 2 months and no luck. I am now taking the Pregvita capsules. Do these work and what other recommendations are there! Urgent

Pregvita are vitamin tablets. 2 months is very early days. I sugeest relax, wait and see. we only start investigating after a year of regular intercourse

3
Posted by: ghana | 2004/10/07

do you need a prescription to buy pregvita capsules or u just buy it on the counter...

Reply to ghana
Posted by: Albert | 2004/10/06

Hi Mo

Please be patient it is just to early to be worried. If you can go through these postings you will see some have tried for three years and even more; but at the end fell preggies. So keep on trying, don't worry your day will just come.

best of luck

Reply to Albert
Posted by: Golly | 2004/10/06

Mo,

You only have ~20% chance per month to fall pregnant if EVERYTHING is working, you are healthy and your timing is excellent. That means that realistically about 50% of people will fall pregnant within 6 months of trying and 90% after 12 months of trying. Thereafter, you may consult with a gynae to determine why you are having difficulty to conceive.

So be patient, stressing about it not happening immediately will only decrease your chances. Basic recommendations include:
stop smoking, excessive drinking, avoid caffeinated drinks, exercise, have intercourse every second day during your ovualtion day, rest and relax. It will happen.

Reply to Golly