Question
Posted by: Zee | 2007/07/16

Desperate for help!

i suffered 5 miscarriages in the past all were at 6 weeks, my fifth one i had about a month ago. With the previous miscarriages the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me, someone recommended me to see a gynae at Gatesville Medi Clinic he is very good, he did some blood tests and found out that i have high antibodies in my blood and put me on Ecotrin for 3 months i eventually fell pregnant, the minute i did found out i went to see him and he put me on progestrone tablets and DS24, at 4 and half weeks everything looked good he told me come back at 8 wks... i then went back and the scan showed that he stopped once again at 6 wks!!!! i really can't take this no more, it's making me very depressed and unhappy i desperately need to find out what wrong with me!! i fall pregnant very quickly but it just doesn't seem to progress after week 6... please help me....

Zee

Dear Zee

Due consideration should be given to the possibility of genetic disorders, as a high percentage of recurrent miscarriages at that stage in pregnancy are genetically linked.

It may be necessary to do chromosomal analysis on both you and your partner, although these tests are expensive and do not always prove to be clinically relevant.

Genetically testing embryos may be an option, but is also expensive and one also needs to know which specific chromosomal abnormalities need to be tested. However there is increasing evidence that this may prove to be of significant benefit in the future.

In addition using low dose cortisone may be also valuable in selected cases such as in your instance.

1
Posted by: mb | 2007/07/17

zee...im not sure if u remember me...im sorry to hear wat ur goin thru-plz contact me on mdotbibiatwebmaildotcodotza
i need to talk to u.....thanx-lookin forward to hearing from u!

Reply to mb