Posted by: acinet | 2008/09/07

Desperate for advise

I have been employed for 4 months. It is a generally hostile environment. Last week I was asked whether it was true I was having an affair with another woman. I immediately emailed the person who placed me there telling her I wanted to leave. She contacted the firm. I' m assuming at the very least I can contact her agency regarding this?

Anyway my immediate report asked me to stay and take it further, promising me support. This support ran out after he was pressureised by this woman' s boss. Now I' m stuck with an employer who knows I want to leave and is demanding I claim to have misheard. There is no way I misunderstood. What are my options? As I see it if I don' t play along with sweeping this under the rug, I' ll be given notice and end up with no income.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You should raise a grievance within the company and try and have this sorted out as quickly as possible.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.