Question
Posted by: bibs | 2004/10/13

DESPERATE - DUIRETICS

I am due to go on a high cortisone dosage for medical reasons, pls help by giving me a diet that will help eliminate the water retention and weight gain, I guess i will still blow up like a blowfish but how can i at least try to minimise the effects not just the outer physical effects but also to maintain my healthy body since it will be pumped with toxins, I worked hard to be healthy and now this and I feel instead of giving up and giving in there must be some things besides eating cucumber and celery that can help me, pls i am desperate, i will also continue exercising. Thank you for your help, you are the best!

Dear Bibs
I understand that feel desperate. However, the cortisone is not really a toxin and if it can help cure your medical condition, it will be getting you back to good health and fitness quite rapidly. You may also not really blow up like a blow fish! This depends on the dose. I can speak with authority as I am currently receiving 2 injections a week to treat a muscle injury and this has been going on for 10 weeks! If you find that you are retaining water, then the cucumber, and celery and other fresh fruit and vegetables which have a high potassium content will help with diuresis (ridding the body of excess water). An old remedy is also to boil 1 tablespoon of juniper berries (buy at health shop) to make juniper extract which you can try drinking 2-3 times a day to aid urination to get rid of the excess water. If you are not retaining water and start gaining weight, then reduce your fat intake slightly. Just check with the treating dr how soon after each treatment you are allowed to exercise. My dr forbids exercise for about 3 days after each injection so that the cortisone is not removed from the site of the injection into the body. This ensures that the healing effect is more targeted. And don't give up now - I know how you feel - but the sooner you can get better, the sooner you will be up and healthy again.
Hang in there

1
Posted by: lor | 2004/10/13

try KEL 6 a natural pill for water retention it cost R36 at dischem & it work like a bom

Reply to lor